Discover Ephesus Shore Excursions
Shore Excursions: Ancient Ephesus, Terrace Houses, House of Mother Mary
Duration: Approx. 5 hours
Standards : Private
Type: Archeological, Cultural, and Panoramic
Food Beverage: Small bottle of water, No lunch
Shore Excursions Price: From $49
ITINERARY – Ephesus Shore Excursions
You will meet with your private guide at the port of Kusadasi. Ephesus shore excursions drive to the House of Virgin Mary includes scenic views of Byzantine Castle in Seljuk town the Temple of Diana. A long and winding road affords beautiful scenery of the valley. En route to the Shrine of St. Mary. The diminutive house, beautifully situated in the month Solmissos Mountains, is considered by the Vatican to be the final resting place of the Virgin Mary.
We will proceed to ancient Ephesus, where you´ll pass through upper gate and keep walking to the remains of the Roman provincial capital of Asia Minor. Your official guide will highlight such sights as the wonderful preserved water pipe lines ,Temple of Trajan and Hadrian, the magnificent Trajan Fountain, the Odeon Theater, once used for both political and entertainment purposes, the amazing Celsus Library with its imposing facade and two story Corinthian-style columns. The Great Theater is one of the few ancient structures still used today. Spectator capacity twenty-four thousand, although it was once a social center of ancient times, it is now home to annual spring festivals.
- Terrace Houses which are located on the hill side, opposite the Hadrian Temple. Also kown as “The Houses of Rich”, we will learn social and family life of ancient Romans, wall paintings and mosaics are impressive. Visit the carpet weaving corporation to see how the Turkish carpets are made by hand. There is no obligation for Shopping. Ephesus Shore Excursions tour ending return to port
Special Notes – Ephesus Shore Excursions
Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10 – 30 steps. Comfortable shoes, a hat and plenty of sunscreen are recommended as shade is limited the order of the tour itinerary may vary in order to avoid congestion. Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
What the Price Includes;
- Pick up from to port
- Service of a professional English – speaking official Guide
- Entrance fees to the sites visited, per itinerary
- Transportation by non-smoking air -conditioned luxury mini/ midi bus
- Taxes and services charges
- Beverages (except a small bottle of water provided in the vehicle)
- All item of a Personal Nature
- Gratuities to tour Staff